Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 23 years old and I have squint in one eye And my vision is Right eye:- 3 Left eye :- 6 spherical 1 cylindrical 135 axis Am I partially blind or visually impair Can I get a physically handicapped or partially handicapped certificate. Please reply as soon as possible.

1 Doctor Answered
You have a refractive error which when corrected to the power that you have mentioned helps you to visualise properly.Similarly with squint though it is a medical condition but not a permanent impairment and also it can be surgically corrected hence it cannot be termed as partial handicap or physical handicap.Therefore it is unlikely that such a certificate can be issued.However you can also check the rules mentioned in your state for qualifying for a status of handicap.This should help you to decide for further. Thanks.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.