Hi, I am Mohit. My aunt is 70 years old and fell in her home. The MRI reports says 1. Degenerative spine disease with multilevel disc dessication and small pivds as described above. 2.D12 vertebral body shows partial reduction in height along with altered signal intensity, hypointense onT1 and hyperintense on T2.(further evaluation with contrast study and biopsy is advised). How severe is d condition?

Core Strengthening Exercises- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Back Stretching- lie flat, pull one of the knee forward to chest, hold for 3 seconds, then bring the other knee forward to the chest and again hold for 3 seconds. Then pull both knees towards the chest and hold for 3 seconds. Repeat 10 times each exercise twice a day.
If there is no weakness or loss of sensation in legs, no involvement of bowel or bladder, then the injury is likely to be of less significance and should settle in a few weeks time by rest and appropriate medicines. Patient should also be checked by DEXA scan for bone strength, and if bone density is weak, then treatment to strengthen bones should also be started.