Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My grandfather (aged 79) suffered three falls and got a crack in his spinal cord. Scans revealed a blood clot in the head and he underwent a surgery to remove it. It has been 2 weeks since his operation and he is now at home but he is sleeping most of the time. He is unable to walk and when we make him sit he is unable to do so and says it is paining a lot. Sometimes he remembers everyone and everything but sometimes he is not responding. Yesterday he sat for a long time and ate well and talked with us but today he is not eating anything and seems to be in a semi-conscious state. What is the reason for this sudden change? The reports have shown C3-C6 spinal cord injury. How should we proceed further? Which specialist should we consult? Is his unresponsiveness related to the surgery he had in the head or due to the spinal cord compression?

1 Doctor Answered
It is most compleacated case your doctor what is advise ,pls tell me or inform than we go to any advise because this type case atien never come out normal life but don't worry give me total reort as far concern patient ,I will try Labe best till know have nice day
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.