Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello Doctor I am 21 years old and my tongue can't completely come outside from mouth due to some joint (like a thin wire) under my tongue and mouth. This results that's sometimes I can't pronunciate some words clearly. Especially word include "r" Does any thing possible so that I would pronunciate words clearly and can get it outside from mouth like others! please suggest something!

3 Doctors Answered
Yes it's very much possible by a simple surgery it's called enlarged lingual freenum can u send a pic of ur tongue as u try to touch ur palate. Talu with ur tongue
1 person found this helpful
mr sahil thus condition is called tongue tie. can be cured by a small surgery. it can be done under lical anaesthesia and will take around 10 mins only.
If it's a tongue tie. Like a band attaching the tongue to the floor of the mouth. It can be easily corrected. Consult a dentist. Once we relieve the attachment and start with tongue exercises you will be fine.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.