Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My son though 10 years old yet he looks as if he is 5-6 years old. We are very much concerned about his growth. He is quite active and brainy but is quite depressed with his physic.

1 Doctor Answered
If you can just tell about the exact height of child parents in cms, a doctor can give you the range the child is going to grow. You can contact a pediatrician to monitor height. A condition called Constitutional Growth Delay is diagnosed if the child's height is below the normal for age and sex but the child is following the normal curve. In these cases there is history of mother or father being short at the child age and gain good height during puberty and child is also expected to follow the same.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.