Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 55 years old male and I am experiencing gum recession which is more sensitive to cold and hot water. On consulting a Dentist here in Shillong I was asked to undergo filling instead of gum treatment. Is there any solution to gum recession medically? I shall be highly obliged if you could prescribed medication.

2 Doctors Answered
Yes there is a treatment for gum recession pls use Himalaya Hi ora sensitive mouthwash two time a day and warm saline gargle in bed time. U can also use gum paint or extract of aloe vera after 4 days.
It might be due to brushing and there might be shallow cavity which needs filling, and if other problem is there, then you need to consult gum specialist i.e. Periodontist.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.