I have again done the stool test of my child. My child is 1 month 22 days old. The stool test report is as under: Colour- Yellow with Reddish streak. Consistency: Semisolid, Odour: Offensive, Mucus (), Reaction: Ph 6.0, Occult Blood: Positive (ve), RBC: 6-8/Hpf, Pus Cells: 2-3/ Hpf, Bacteria flora: Normal, Veg Cells, Starch, Fat globules are Nil. We see some little drops of blood in his stool when he passes stool most of time. Dr. (Pediatrician) advised us to go surgeon for checking the cause of stool. What can we do now? Why there is blood in his stool and what is his problem. My child is normal habitual and his body temperature is also normal. He is only breastfed.

I have again done the stool test of my child. My child is...
Common causes: is an infection or ,Cow's milk protein allergy. Infection can be because of bottle feeds due to inadequate sterilization. Also putting hands or cloth in the mouth may cause it. Hence get a stool culture test. Also give only breast feeds for 6 months. CMPA can be because of giving top feeds, even formula. It can also happen due to milk products consumption by mother who is breast feeding. Stopping cows milk in mother and child is the answer. Soya formulas may be used.