Hello Sir/Ma'am, This is regarding Dengue. The patient, 58 yrs, Male, was diagnosed with Dengue on Sunday 16th October 2016, which makes it 6 days now. The symptoms have dried down now and the patient is feeling comfortable. Although the weakness persists, the fever and body/muscle/bone ache has reduced significantly/ended. Although the conditions now depict recovery, the platelets count has been decreasing since two days. 16th-- 1.1 lac 17th-- 1.4 lac 18th-- 2 lac 19th-- 1.2 lac 20th-- 68000 My question is, unless the platelet count goes below 20000 or so, is it something for me to worry about if I take care about the diet and rest of the patient. Regular platelet monitoring of the patient is on. Thanks.

Hello Sir/Ma'am,
This is regarding Dengue. The patient, 5...
Hi, As the platelet count is dropping, it is better to get platelet count done twice daily till there is an uptrend in the count. There is nothing to worry right now, as platelet count is not below 30,000. If it goes below 30,000 it's better to get Single Donor Platelets (SDP) or Random Donor Platelets transfusion. Also keep looking for any reddish rashes in skin, reddish eye, bleeding from nose, blood in stools etc. If you notice anyone of these it's better to go to a hospital immediately.
Hello Sir/Ma'am,
Sir Please consult Allopathic doctor daily. Other systems are also important. Cardio vascular system, etc should be assessed frequently. All these can be monitored as an in-patient, during critical phase