My question is related to metformin used in gynae. What is their function and side effects? Now she is not pregnant but doctor prescribed metformin in once day. Please guide me.

My question is related to metformin used in gynae. What i...
Metformin has so many indications like Diabetes, PCOD, Cycle irregularities etc. The doctor would have analysed her condition and prescribed.
Dear Mr. lybrate-user, Metformin is an insulin sensitizer and is usually prescribed in women with Polycyctic ovaries. It helps in improving hormonal profile, cycle regularity and increases the chances of pregnancy. It can be safely continued even in pregnancy. Most common Side effects are Abdominal or stomach discomfort decreased appetite, diarrhea, fever or chills, general feeling of discomfort, muscle pain or cramping lethargy etc, Side effects can be minimized by taking the medication with food. Hope this helps and you achieve parenthood soon. Good luck.):) #HopeHealthHappiness.