Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dear sir I have suffering high uric acid 9. So please tell me how can control this and sugest which medicine I will take. I had checked before 1 week uric acid 9 was coming on report.

1 Doctor Answered
Dear sir I have suffering high uric acid 9. So please tel...
Mr. lybrate-user, If you have joint pains or gouty arthritis, then you need to take drugs which help excretion of uric acid. Plus if there is acute painful arthritis then for some days (till attack subsides), may need NSAIDs. Plus you will have to avoid high purine containing foods like organ meat, mutton, certain sea foods like scallops, herring, haddock, sardines, salmon, mussels and mushrooms. Also avoid aerated drinks and alcohol. Thanks.
4 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.