I am suffering from pain in upper part of stomach in between the ending part of ribcage. Pain is more especially in the early morning (3,4 am). After 6,7 am pain is gone. And little bit of pain is back when stomach is empty in daytime (4-6 pm) and after eating something pain is gone. I want to know what it is? What causes this kind of problem? Any medicine to try? Pain is more only in early morning. I can't able to pass stool easily as well!
11 years experience
Ask Free Question
This happens because of erosion of superficial layer of the intestine, classified as peptic Ulcer disease. this is the beginning of the disorder and you can control it with the help of medicines, change in lifestyle and change is eating habits. when ever you will be hungry discomfort will appear and after eating gradually it will subside. Some causes are:
1. Prolonged periods of starvation, people who often skip meals like breakfast and have heavy meals afterwards.
2. States of hyper acidity
3. Prolonged stress or upset mood
4. having too much oily and spicy food
5. Lack of exercise with consumption of rich meals.
A few ways of management are:
1. Avoid fried, spicy and fat rich food.
2. Start running/jogging /cycling etc on regular basis.
3. Do not eat to your full capacity, eat small meals at short intervals.
4. DO not have too much of sweet food items, bakery items.
5. Have lots of salads and fruits.
6. Avoid sour things in eating.
7. Learn to relax, world is not going to end so do not panic, with patience and perseverance you can control any situation, just believe in yourself and maintain your confidence.
8. See a doctor and start the treatment.
9. Always keep basic antacids like gelusil/ digeine with you when you start developing pain sensation have them.
10. Always keep biscuits with you like nutrichoice etc, you might not get something to eat everywhere.
11. decrease tea intake and have some water before having tea.
wish you a speedy recovery...
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Back Pain treatment