Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Earlier I used to eat pan masala due to which my teeth have become grey or somewhat black near the gums and have gone yellow! How to clean them and make them white again?

15 Doctors Answered
Get scaling done by dentist no other option.
You have to get your teeth cleaned (scaling done) from a dentist. After that if you still feel your teeth are yellow you can opt for bleaching of teeth from your dentist.
Stop pan masala. Consult a dentist get scaling polishing done. U may require bleaching after that maintain with twice brushing especially at night.
Yes, visit dentist for scalling and teeth whitening. U will get white bright smile.
If you have quitted it, go to dentist, all the stains can be removed from tooth, dentist will guide you about the things that can be done after examining your teeth n gums. It doesn't get removed by any tooth paste or gels, you need Dentist to do deep cleaning and polishing. You can even go for teeth whitening procedure if needed.
Pan Masala can cause oral cancer.Please do not take it. You can get scaling and polishing of teeth done. In severe cases bleaching of teeth may be required.
Dear lybrate-user Scaling i.e. Professional cleaning followed by professional bleach will make your teeth at least 2 shade whiter. Ask your dentist for details thanks.
At first you should undergo dental prophylaxis or dental cleaning so the residues and debris present around the teeth and on the teeth are removed next you should undergo teeth bleaching or whitening treatment for the teeth to look white so go consult near by dentist as soon as possible.
First Go for Scaling & try to avoid pan mashala. Brush properly twice daily. Oral rinse after each meal or Pan mashala.
Simply you should go for Scaling and cleaning your teeth to dentist. It is a simple procedure go for it.
First of all quit the habit. Get your teeth cleaned and polished by a qualified dentist.
Go for scaling first then bleaching may sort it out.
Dear Lybrate user, quitting the habit is the ultimate, long-term solution for this. Pay regular visits to your dentist to get rid of the stains by professional cleaning/ scaling at least twice a year.
Hi. Please go for professional oral prophylaxis or scaling to remove the stains and clean your teeth. Depending on extent of yellowness, bleaching may be a treatment option for you after the scaling has been done.
You will need to go for a professional Deep Scaling and Polishing. At any cost you will need to quit that habit as there are chances of Oral Cancer. Also if your not satisfied with cleaning, you can also go for bleaching which will give you a whiter shade of your teeth.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.