Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi, I am a working professional and face anxiety attacks sometimes when I am not able to speak properly and stammer a lot. This is not my usual self and there are phases when I face these challenges. Can someone please advise ways to overcome the same? Thank you in advance.

2 Doctors Answered
Stammering can be made lesser only and only by Speech therapy. So you should take the help of a speech therapist. Also, I'd suggest you to visit a Psychologist as confidence plays a great role in dealing with this problem. I'd suggest you to speak very slowly, word by word. People may make fun of this but believe me, slowly you'll get better at it. Hope your query is answered. Feel free to ask if you have any doubts. Wishing you good health.
3 people found this helpful
This is called social anxiety disorder, kindly consult a psychiatrist. Remedy depends on the severity, it can be CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) with or without medications. All the best.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.