I am 65 years old and suffered a Heart Attack 3 years back. I am on medication for the same (Ecosprin 75, Novastat - CV 10/75, Nebicard 2.5, Ativan 2 mg along with Pantocid once a day. Due to Acid Reflux problem, ecosprin 75 was stopped9 since last one year), and was advised to undergo Endoscopy test. I had undergone the test and diagnosed with Lax Cardia. I have been prescribed with Pantocid 40 twice a day since then. I have read in your Advisory tips, as well as advices from other doctors that prolonged use of PPI is very harmful. But, in my case I have to take it continuously. What should I do?

I am 65 years old and suffered a Heart Attack 3 years bac...
You should stop pan 40 and consult for further advice.
You are right , prolonged use of PPI does carry risk(s). use kitchen remedies like ginger,garlic,ajwain,jeera,heeng,flax seed ground well. modify eating habits. take warm water in the form of green tea/clear soups/diluted milk/normal tea /plain warm water every 2 hours so that acid does not get collected and is washed further with warm nourishing liquids. continue other medicines given after heart attack. aspirin is a blood thinner and is not the only reason for acidity or stomach ulcers as feared. diet is more important than PPI prevention for acidity symptoms.