Dear doctor, my baby (daughter) is 7 months old. She only likes to take her mother's milk. Her mother was having sufficient milk earlier. But now she is not having like before. It seems that she is loosing weight, though her activities are normal and spontaneous. We have tried to give her baby foods like cerelac, lactogen etc. But she hates all these. What should I do? Please suggest. Thanks.

Five food groups namely  cereals (like rice, wheat in any form, oats in any form ), pulses  (like any dal), vegetables, fruits and animal protein  (meat, fish, egg, milk in any form )should be present in adequate amount in the food of your baby. Basic principles of feeding are 1) it should be acceptable I. E. Kids should like eating it. 2) tolerable i.e. After  eating if baby develop abdominal distension,  vomiting, loose stool,  rash that means your baby can't tolerate the product.  3) appropriate consistency I. E. Porridge like with gradual change so that by the age of 2 normal adult foods can be given to the kids.  4) all the food groups should be present in the menu of whole day. Take her weight every month to see for weight gain.