My son is 5 years old , he is facing ADHD problem, and doctor prescribed a medication Axepta 10 mg , is it safe to use the medicine at this age, is there any particular diet for this problem, or is there any alternative medication . Please guide me.
Every medicine has some side effects but do not worry on this account, if Dr. has prescribed the medicine , cont it for some time and see the effect. Do not be in hurry to stop the medicine , it is good medicine and will have positive effect, so carry on .
In addition do following
Change his routine
1.Get up early in the morning
2. Give him a glass of warm water
3. Take him for a walk for 30 mts 4.do deep breathing exercise for 10 mts
5. Do meditation – sit quietly for 10 mts
6. Do daily oil massage of whole body and expose body to sun for 15-20 mts
7. No fast food/ no processed/tinned/ spicy food
8. Avoid milk and egg and excess of fruits
9 No vitamin supplements unless deficiency of specific vitamin
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.