My mother is 84 years old, is under severe depression. She is presently having Dayo-OD (250 mg) - 1BD, Tolaz MD 2.5 mg, Censpram 10 mg.advice on this please

hi, I can understand your feelings. I think here your mother's age to be blamed for her depression. In India most of the senior citizens just leave the hope for living because of their weak physical health and thus make themselves mentally and physically weak too. Try to make her happy by providing the atmosphere which she likes. You may invite someone whom she likes to talk to. Provide her with the food which she likes. Don't restrict her to eat . let her move on her own just keep an eye so that she doesn't fall. Put some nice music which she enjoys. Take her to the places like temple or satsang where she used to go when she was well. Tell other family members also to talk to her nicely. Take photographs with her. In short do all the activities which include laughter and happiness. Best wishes for you. regards Sunita