Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 21 year male, i've sensitivity problem in my teeth! I can't even drink normal water! what should I do?

8 Doctors Answered
This could be because of gums problem and it can be treated only by scaling and gingival curettage.
Well do you know why sensitivity occurs - it occurs when the upper most layer of your tooth is lost/chipped away of due to cavity/tooth decay. You just need to visit a dentist and get your tooth restored (get filling done). You wont have any sensitivity after that.
You can start using colgate sensitive pro-relief toothpaste and mouthwash.
Use any desensitizing toothpaste as sensodyne or colgate pro relief. But it is important to find out the root cause of sensitivity to avoid future complications. The earlier diagnosis saves time money and inconvenience.
See a dentist 1st. Than you can use thermoseal ra toothpaste twice daily instead of your normal toothpaste.
Temporarily you can use non sensitive tooth paste, until you meet a dentist. For specific details, consult.
You can try following tips- -brush and floss regularly. Use proper brushing and flossing techniques to thoroughly clean all parts of your teeth and mouth. -use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brush gently and carefully around the gum line so you don? t remove gum tissue. -use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Several brands are available. Regular use should make teeth less sensitive. You may need to try several brands to find the product that works best for you. Another tip: spread a thin layer on the exposed tooth roots with your finger or a q-tip before you go to bed. Use a fluoridated toothpaste, not a tartar control one. -avoid lots of highly acidic foods and drinks. -use fluoridated dental products. Using a fluoridated mouth rinse daily can decrease sensitivity. -don? t grind your teeth. Use a mouth guard at night. -see your dentist every 6 months (or sooner, depending on your condition). If you still have discomfort, talk to your dentist. There may be a procedure that can help. He might recommend: -white fillings (bonding) to cover exposed root surfaces -fluoride varnishes applied to the exposed root surface -dentin sealers applied to the exposed root surface.
1 person found this helpful
Please visit a dentist there can be a cavity because of which the severe sensitivity is there.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.