Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Yellowish teeth - I have had braces some years ago and my teeth had become yellow post that. I brush properly but don't want to go for scaling as I have heard it damages teeth. Do we have an alternative so that I may get white teeth which may be a Polish or something like that.

1 Doctor Answered
Yellowish teeth - I have had braces some years ago and my...
Naturally our teeth colour ranges from pearly white to pale yellow so everyone cannot hv white teeth. Get scalling n polishing done by dentist. If u r not happy with ur teeth shade later, u can get bleaching done by dentist which 'll lighten ur teeth by 2-3 shades. Alternatively u can use a teeth whitening toothpaste such as snowdent after scalling. Whitening gels used daily along with customized dental trays provided by dentist r also available in the market. Avoid heavily coloured foods, tea n coffee, cool drinks, smoking n tobacco products as they stain teeth. scalling doesn't damage teeth but cleans teeth surface n is advised to get it done once in a year for all. u hv been misguided.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.