Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have problem in my gums, bleeding while brushing. My tooth became yellowish a little. please give me any suggestion in order to get rid of this problem. And please suggest me a toothpaste which can whiten my tooth. Thanks.

5 Doctors Answered
Get your teeth cleaned professionally by scaling and polishing.
Hi lybrate-user you need to get a professional cleaning (scaling) done from your dentist. Bleeding from guns is a sign of pyorrhea. Start brushing twice a day, get scaling done, your doctor may also advise you a toothpaste containg gum astringent to stop bleeding. Ask him/her the correct techniques for brushing. Thanks.
Use betadine gargle twice daily & go for scaling treatment & dentist will give you medicn.
Naturally our teeth colour ranges from pearly white to pale yellow so everyone cannot hv white teeth. Get scalling n polishing done by dentist. If you r not happy with your teeth shade later, you can get bleaching done by dentist which'll lighten your teeth by 2-3 shades. Alternatively you can use a teeth whitening toothpaste such as snowdent after scalling. Whitening gels used daily along with customized dental trays provided by dentist r also available in the market. Avoid heavily coloured foods, tea n coffee, cool drinks, smoking n tobacco products as they stain teeth. Gums bleeding is due to infection in gums. Get scalling done by dentist. Take vit c tab for one week. Use proper brushing techniques. Brush, floss n use mouthwash twice daily. Massage your gums with your finger tips after brushing. Keep your tongue clean. Rinse your mouth well after each meal. Visit your dentist for dental checkups every 6 months to detect n prevent dental probs.
1 person found this helpful
aayush, you need to visit a dentist for the same. you need to have scaling and polishing of your teeth, as it is because of the gum infection that your gums are bleeding. these procedures will also improve the colour of your teeth upto some extent. but if you want them white then go for bleaching treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.