Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My mom is having pain in her right ear. Its quite severe from 3-4 days. She has also consulted a doctor, she has taken pain killer, and is putting ear drops named clear wax, and a medicine named diclofenac sodium & paracetamol. Please tell if something else should be done.

1 Doctor Answered
Impacted wax is the cause of the ear pain. After putting the ear drops for 10 days the wax will become a little soft & then it has to be syringed out. Consult an ent surgeon only & do not consult any other specialist or general practitioner. There is a technique of removing the wax without injuring the ear drum.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.