5 years experience
Ask Free Question
Hello lybrate-user. The size of the eyes is genetically determined. I would advice you not to worry regarding the size of your eyes. Let me suggest some tips for healthy eyes. Let me enumerate the diet necessary for healthy eyes.
(1) green leafy vegetables including spinach, sprouts, cabbage, beetroot.
(2) fruits-blue-berries, black-berries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit, grapes, pineapple, pomegranate, grapes, guava.
(3) dry-fruits: almonds, walnuts, apricots, dates. (4) cereals: oats, barley, millets.
(5) drink a cup of green tea daily.
(6) drink a glass of milk daily. I have a few suggestions for you regarding the usage of computers, mobile phones and books. Follow the rule of" 20" this means that every 20 minutes, take a gap of 20 seconds, blink your eyes actively 20 times and focus at an object which is minimum 20 feet away. This will help in relieving your eyes from the continuous strain that is caused due to staring. Staring at the computer continuously causes us to subconsciously blink less than normal. This causes the tear film on the surface of the eye to dry up. The result of this is pain, discomfort, etc.
Another suggestions regarding the usage of computers is to maintain a proper posture. The computer must be positioned at the same height as your eye level. The neck should not be inadvertently flexed or extended. Roughly, an angle of 90 degrees should be maintained between your upper body and thighs. Likewise, a similar angle (90 degrees) should be maintained between your lower legs and thighs. Also the angle between your hands and arms should be roughly 90 degrees. This is the healthy ergonomic way of sitting while using a computer. Maintenance of proper posture would help in further relieving the symptoms of eye discomfort and pain.
You could consider preservative free lubricant eye drops 4 to 5 times daily. These eye drops would ensure that your eyes stay well lubricated and fresh.
All these suggestions may take a while to sink in and imbibe in your routine. Once followed, they are sure to work wonders for you.
You could also use a preservative free lubricant eye drop 4 to 5 times in a day.
Also, adequate sleep of 7 hours a day is essential in order to maintain healthy eyes.
Daily exercise for an hour would also ensure the maintenance of good healthy eyes. The exercise could be anything from gymming to running or playing a sport. Washing your eyes with clean hands and clean water gently (3 to 4 times in a day) also helps to keep them healthy. All these suggestions may take some time to be imbibed in your routine. Once followed, they are sure to work well for you. Refrain from addiction to tobacco chewing or smoking. Hope my suggestions helped you. Take care.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.