Hi, I am not able to open my mouth from last 7 to 8 years due to chewing of tobacco. Is there any possibility for resolve my problem?

Hi, I am not able to open my mouth from last 7 to 8 years...
Hi lybrate-user, it is likely that you have a condition called as osmf (oral submucous fibrosis), wherein, there are reddish lesions on the inside the cheeks, and mouth-opening becomes extremely limited due to decreased elasticity of tissues in the mouth. Since you have been chewing tobacco since so many years, it will take some time for your mouth opening to get normal; and you will be required to do some mouth exercises. In many cases, medicines need to be injected directly into the lesions (intra-lesional injections), which brings about quick improvement. Send pictures of your lesions to me, and I will be in a better position to solve your query. This condition is fully reversible, so do not worry at all. Take care.
Yes the condition is treatable. Quit tobacco completely. Start taking healthy and balanced diet. Avoid oilly n spicy foods completely. You can also take vitamin supplements. There are some exercises also which will help you.
Yes sure. Primary treatment is in your hands. Means you r the primary doctor just quoting of habit after that we can prescribe some medication n exercise to overcome.