I have hair fall problem. My hair falls very very much. I did so many treatments and all home remedies but Hair fall continues. When I comb my hair nearly 10 gms of hair falls regularly. My hair broke down at time when I don't comb also.
Hairfall can be due to number of reasons such as:
- prolonged/ severe illness such as typhoid, tb, major surgery
- crash dieting, anemia
- hormonal imbalance - hypothyroidism, pcod etc
- intake of drugs such as some antihypertensives, anticoagulants
- deficiency of various essential nutrients.
- in males, it could also be because of genetic factors and dht
the cause should be treated if possible. Treatment of the cause, where possible, is important. General precautions include:
- take diet rich in iron, calcium and proteins
- use mild shampoos only (shampoos generally do not regrow hair, only prevent excessive fall)
- do not use excessive chemicals on hair
- also, avoid procedures such as ironing, hot air blow drying of hair, rebounding etc.
51 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Female Hair Loss treatment