When I brushed today morning a drop of blood came out from lower part of the gum. Pressed the gum again a drop of blood came. Afterward it stopped. Is it normal or deficiency of any vitamin. Please suggest me suitable medicine since I am poor I cannot afford to visit a dentist and spend money.
Diabetics have more tendency of having gingivitis or periodontitis (pyorrhoea) due to lower immunity. So try to control your blood sugar. Have regular checkups for that. For bleeding:
1. Use soft bristle brush and apply gentle pressure while brushing.
2. Brush your teeth vertically and not horizontally.
3. Change your toothbrush every 3 months.
4. Take capsule b complex vitamin with vitamin c. This will compensate for any deficiency.
5. You can use sensoform gum paint. Apply it on the gums which bleed for 3-4 mins and rinse your mouth with plain water.
Try this for a week. If this doesn't help then you may require scaling and polishing of your teeth.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.