Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am having gingivitis since few year. I have taken treatment for it. But now the alignment of upper incisors teeth are disrupted and they are coming forward with abnormal gaping. please suggest some treatment which will help me.

2 Doctors Answered
Looks like you may have a periodontal disease. This may be confirmed by an oral x-ray. You need to consult a dental Dr. Called periodontist. Treatment can be given only after examination n investigation.
Gingivitis can be treated but requires maintenance to prevent worsening of the situation. Such cases will be assessed by clinical and radiographic examination. Depending on the bone level, further management is done. Please be aware that gingivitis does not settle in one sitting. You need to see the dentist every six months and undergo procedures as and when required.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.