My husband has a small black spot in his one of teeth and he is feeling sensitivity from cold water. When he touch his teeth he is feeling pain and cannot eat from that side of mouth.

My husband has a small black spot in his one of teeth and...
The type of treatment you have for toothache will depend on the cause of the pain, so your dentist will examine your mouth and may carry out an X-ray to try to identify the problem. •If your toothache is caused by tooth decay, your dentist will remove the decayed area and replace it with a filling. •If your toothache is caused by a loose or broken filling, the filling will be taken out, any decay will be removed and a new filling put in place. •If the pulp inside your tooth is infected, you may need root canal treatment. This procedure involves removing the infected pulp and then inserting a special type of filling to seal the tooth and prevent re-infection.
Thats a decay you should get. An xray done and get it treated at once may be th decay is very clise to th pulp of th tooth you may require rct if its deep.
That tooth requires root canal treatment.
It csn be a cavity. Pls get itchecked and filled to avoid further aggravation.