When to start food for my 6months daughter and should I feed her other than milk?

Hi lybrate-user, thank you for your query. You can start complimentary feeds after 6 months of age (complegion of 180 days since birth). And continue breastfeeding till 2 years or beyond in addition to complimentary feeds. Complimentary feeds should be mashed, semisolid and like porridge. You can make complimentary feeds from locally available staple food items like rice powder and pulses. If it is not possible you can give commercially available, age appropriate infant comlimentary foods. Prepare the food hygienically and use boiled and cooled drinking water to prepare complimentary feeds. After 6 monyhs of age, only mother milk is not sufficient to meet the nutrition requirements of baby. Hence you need to feed mashed infant complimentary food. Hope I have answered your query.
At the end of 6 months. Start weaning first with soft semisolid foods like suji ka halwa, bananas, mashed potatoes, slowly in a few weeks add more solid. At the end of 1 year, your child should take 3 big katories of meals, and 2-3 snacks in between. You can also start top milk (cow's milk) over and above breast feeds. Breast feeding should be continued till 2 years.