Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello sir. My brother who is a diabetic patient. 40 years old. Today only on test get results as 295 on fasting and 394 after food. please suggest the medicine and precaution as early as possible.

1 Doctor Answered
Hello sir. My brother who is a diabetic patient. 40 years...
Mr Priyanshu, With such high sugar levels he should start treatment with Insulin injection and one of the oral antidiabeteic drug. Once sugar levels are brought under proper control then he can be stabilised only on oral drugs. In addition exercise and restricted diet also are to be part of the treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.