Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi, I need a consultation on how to avoid pregnancy, we got married just before 2 months and already my wife is facing menstrual problems and she doubts she is conceived. Would like to know how to void pregnancy such case.

1 Doctor Answered
I would advice your wife to do a urine pregnancy test if her periods are over due. If negative then consider starting a combined hormonal pill like Femilon from the first day of her period. Take it for 21 days and give a 7 day break during which time periods should happen. Then repeat the cycle again after the seven day break. Not only will this regularise her cycles it will also act as an effective contraception.
58 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.