Please suggest if gripe water can ease acid reflux for my baby. He is 4 months old and weighs 5.3 kgs. From start of 4th month his acid reflux has become severe and he feels a lot of discomfort due to frequent vomiting and burning of his oesophagus due to regurgitation of the milk feed. We have taken all possible medicine, done his ultrasound which has come clear for him and also tried giving him thickened feeds. Since nothing is easing his symptoms I want to know if gripe water can. Doctors say gripe water has alcohol or sugar because of which it is unsuitable for infants but I have heard that it has worked wonders for kids with colic and acid reflux. Please advise if I can give it to my infant.

Do not give gripe water. Homeopathy is a very effective for this problem n has very encouraging results. And homeopathic medicines are safe and do not have any side effects at all. Safety of the medicines is a major issue when you are to give any medicine to your child.
Don't use gripe water or any other nushkha for your precious baby, I think every parents should follow the child specialist opinion.