Ask FREE question to Women health doctors
Private, Secure and verified doctors.

I am 37 weeks pregnant. Lmp was 18th oct 2018. And coming monday was my delivery date which is 8th july. My Dr. Told me to take dexona injection 6 mg with a gap of 12 hours for 2 days, today and tomorrow. After 1st dose I feel dizziness for few minutes. Is it normal to feel dizziness or is it safe to continue the next dose? Its for the lungs maturity of baby. So I want to know after 37 weeks the lungs were mature or not?

Hello.. Don’t worry about baby lungs but it is recommended that if you undergo elective delivery before 39 completed weeks of gestation than to take dexona ( dexamethasone) in a dose of 6 mg at 12 hrs intervals for 4 such doses , this helps to reduce the incidence of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome, intraventricular haemorrhage , neonatal thrombocytopenia and neonatal necrotising enterocolitis.. Usually this injection is quite safe and does not cause significant side effects apart from transient increase in blood sugar..
hi. dizziness is not normal. if u have diabetes in pregnancy , may be ur blokd sugar might have a shoot. so kindly intimate ur doctor before the second dose and titrate ur values