Male 23, i had amalgum filling in my lt maolar tooth sept 2013 now when ever some fork touches dat filling part it produces a sensitivity immediately. I dont hv ny pain or other prob. Plz suggest wat to do?

The for is a metal and amalgam is also a metal a current passes between them when touched with saliva acting as a medium.This is similar to a reaction that occurs in a battery.Better go to a dentist and remove the amalgam filling and get a tooth coloured material filling done bettr composite
If pain is occuring only on contact with fork (metal to amalgam) then it is because of a condition called galvanism. Two options are there - one either change the filling to material like Composite or use plastic forks.
Hi, Amalgam filling is out dated nowa days nobody does it ,do a refilling with tooth coloured material, if your cavity is deep do root canal treatment
Go to a qualified Dentist. You may require X-ray and refilling. For the time being you may try Hydent K Paste at morning and bed time for 1-2 months,
Require refilling with Base.
Consult a dentist, probably u need to get rid of amalgam filling and go for tooth colored filling. Amalgam filling are outdated now. Regards
It's because of galvanising effect of filling.If there is sensitivity in tooth then RCT is adviced.