Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Having nerves pull in right side of my face and unable to open my mouth widely and chew anything harder and having headache and ear pain.

8 Doctors Answered
Hi, Understanding the nature of ur problem it seems to be somewhat neuropathic and related to chewing on hard food and inability to open ur mouth wide. This could be related to your joint of the jaw to the head which can cause such vague symptoms of pain in or areas associated to the joint. You need a thorough examination by a specialist in oral medicine in ur area if possible because it is a complex problem arising out of multifactorial factors related to you. The specialist will surely help u out in your problem. But pls do not chew on hard substances or open ur mouth excessively as it is not advised in such patients and also it aggravates the problem. Thanks & healing regards.
It seems to be a problem associated with your wisdom tooth.The tooth may be decayed which is causing pain.Sometimes even an erupting wisdom tooth also causes pain if there isn't enough space for it.Ur dentist will get an x-ray done to find out the exact cause of pain and proceed accordingly.U may either require an extraction or a root canal treatment depending on the condition of the tooth.
Respected Sir, You should get the xray done for upper right and lower teeth region and if there is any issue regarding tooth, then it is advisable to either go for RCT or Extraction, as suggested by your dentist.
Check with dentist can be some infection in a tooth.
May be problem from TMJ or temporomandibular joint. Get it checked by maxillofacial surgeon.
Hi Inability to open the mouth, difficulty in chewing etc. Can happen for several reasons. In your case, the associated headache and ear pain suggest some problem with the jaw joint. However, given the information available to me, this is no more than a best guess. Suggestion: Find and see an Oral Surgeon or an Oral Medicine specialist in your area to get the appropriate treatment.
Hi, Full mouth x-ray(OPG) will b helpful to diagnose the problem. Right now you can start with pain killer and muscle relaxant.
You need to visit an oral surgeon or physician without any delay.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.