Dear Sir / Madam Greetings of the day! I have one critical problem with my ear which I come to know when I travelled first time by air. I feel a very much pain in my ear at the time flight take off. I feel as air has been filled in my ear completely and this make high pain in my ear. Now what should I do as I have another trip by air in coming month.

There is nothing wrong with you, What you are experiencing is very normal. When your flight takes off and the plane begins its ascent, the air pressure inside the inner ear quickly surpasses that of the pressure outside. The tympanic membrane or eardrum swells outward. Picture a loaf of bread rising while baking, and you get the idea. You need to equalize the pressure by introducing as much air as possible via the Eustachian tube and there are several ways to do that. 1. Swallowing 2. Chewing gum or sucking on hard candy 3. Valsalva maneuver - With a mouthful of air, close your mouth and pinch your nose shut. Gently force air out until ears your ears pop. If you are sick with a cold or allergies, the Valsalva maneuver is not recommended, as it could cause a severe ear infection. Instead, try a lesser known method called the Toynbee maneuver: close your mouth and nose and swallow several times until pressure equalizes. 4. Use cotton ear plugs Hope this helps.