Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dear sir My cousin sister Deaf and dumb. She is not able to speak and listen. Can it possible treatment. If any surgery and treatment is possible please help and guide me. Where and how it's possible.

2 Doctors Answered
Hi, Lybrate user, first of all get Audiometry test done to rule out the type and degree of hearing loss. After that if hearing aids are beneficial, then go for good Digital Hearing Aids otherwise explore the option of Cochlear Implant. Better to contact an Audiologist or ENT specialist. Thanks.
Dear Lybrate user, The process is when you listen to sounds ,then only you vl b able to speak ,that should happen with in developmental age (with in 5 to 7 years of age). Now it's late but you can go for hearing check up (audiometry ,BERA test) then according to the loss audiologist will suggest you whether to go for hearing aids or cochlear implant .Keep in mind auditory training is a must after any machine or implant in this case. I request you when you see person like this send them to doctors in early age, do not wait for long time.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.