Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My father is suffering from hemifacial spasm for 9 months. He is constantly taking medicine. Some side effects are also being taken from the drug. Medicine is not making a difference. Want to consult how Permanent Relief will be done?

1 Doctor Answered
You need to see a physiotherapist and he/she shall relieve the patient of pain by electrical modalities and exercises and cryitherapy. Only medicines will not work. The tgerapist will also rule out s/s of any other cranial nerve involvement. Take care and feel free to contact.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.