Hello I had braces on for 2 and half year and I had retainers on for almost almost 6 months but I noticed that the gap in my upper teeth are getting wider and it becomes hectic whenever I take meat. And unfortunately my retainers broke 2 days back and the gaps seems to get wider so can you suggest on what I shld do? Is it necessary that I have to wear braces again or just fix permanent retainers.

Hello I had braces on for 2 and half year and I had retai...
Hi. Unfortunately it seems that your case is relapsed. You need to wear braces again Regards.
You need to visit a different dentist. Most probably you won’t need braces again.
Kindly visit another dentist and get the retainers made again, they have to be worn for about one and a half years.
Only after evaluation of your health, past and present condition of your teeth, one can suggest you for a re-treatment. My advice is, please visit an orthodontist for complete picture of your problem.
Consult your orthodontist may b your retainers need to b activated.
You just wear removable appliance first for few months. When gap closed, then go for permanant retainer. Its will stay in mouth for many years to prevent relapse.