Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have problem in my right ear by birth. I can hardly hear by that ear. I have gone through some test. All things are Ok No ear drum hole.Please suggest me something for hearing issue.

1 Doctor Answered
Unilateral hearing loss is type of hearing loss where there is normal hearing in one ear and impaired hearing in other ear. Patient with unilateral hearing loss have difficulties in :hearing conversation on their impaired side, localizing sounds, understanding speech in presence of background noise etc. Consult Audiologist and get your Audiometry test done and according to audiometry test interpretation go for hearing aid trial. Hearing aid will help you to solve your problems facing due to unilateral hearing loss.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.