Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have jock itch around my scrotum. It is reddish in colour and itching continuously. Can I get name of medicine or some jel to apply on it. Actually I live in very small village so unable to come.

1 Doctor Answered
Jock itch or fungal infections are one of the commonest infections in dermatology today. It's a bit resistant to treatment in recent times due to resistance to anti fungal medications. Itraconazole, luliconazole, terbinafine are some of the molecules used in the management of jock itch. Please consult dermatologist for the proper doses of the above mentioned medications. If transport is a problem, you can make use of online platforms for the same. I would strongly advise you not to indulge in self medication as this might aggravate your condition.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.