Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

Dear doc My father is 65 years old. He is being affected by cough often which seems to be viral, transmits to all the households. No matter how many times we ask him to go for the medical treatment, he bluntly denies and keeps suffering for weeks. He do self medication by taking Azithromycin tablet daily until it calms down for some days which recurs back within no time. I do not know what to do with him. Looks like he suffers from chest congestion resulting in chronic cough with phlegm. Not even sure if he got any serious health problem which forcing him to hide and suffer this way. Seeking for your guidance towards the resolution of this issue doc. Any advice, home treatment or medicines in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance doc.

You should give him following homoeopathic medicines Rx- 1- heper sulph 200 3-3 drops twice daily 7 am. & 4 pm 2 - antim tart 1000 3-3 drops twice daily 1 pm & 9 pm.
Since it's a long duration you should first go for chest x-ray and sputum for AFB. Once confirm ant chronic illness then only treatment can be initiated. And stop him from taking any medication. If sputum AFB is negative then I would advice him for spirometry. Go for above test. Thanks.