Hi, My son have blood cancer and doctor suggest bone marrow transplant treatment. His age is 4 years and we already did HLA match. His sister is donor for that process her age is 11 years. The HLA report is Half match (50%).so I want to know in half match BMT is possible. What is risk and how much success ratio in this conditions, and how much it cost ,how much time it will take to recover. Please give me answer as soon as possible. Thank u.

Dear lybrate-user Thank you for reaching out. Sad to hear about your sons condition and hope he does well. A half match transplant is what your doctor would have referred to as a haplo transplant. This is an emerging treatment option when full matched donors are not available. This is a reasonable option in experienced hands. However the success and risk ratio of any transplant depends on the underlying disease of your son though it is generally conveyed the percentages with a haplo transplant are limited in comparison to a fully matched transplant. Hope this answers your question. Wishing you and your son the best.