Hi, I am 51 years old. I have facial pain in the right side (stiffness in right upper Jaw, cheekbone, behind eyes and temple 30 mins. After flight take off. I used to have similar pain at home in the morning hours six months back. I had consulted doctor and was suggested Oxytel tablets. But I have stopped taking this medicine. I only have this facial pain in the aircraft. I had broken molar teeth in the right lower jaw about a year back. I am unable to know why pain in aircraft only. Please suggest. Thanking you.

Hi, I am 51 years old. I have facial pain in the right si...
It is basically due to change in altitude that there is sudden drop in temperature .. and usually people land up with headaches ear blockage and teeth sensitivity and at times even pain ...
Dear Lybrate user, Your description suggests that it is most likely one of the following conditions "Barodontalgia (related to teeth) or Barosinusitis (related to sinuses) or Barotitis-Media (related to ear" Baro" means pressure esp. Atmospheric pressure. Pressure changes at high altitude or under deep sea. When the external pressure rises or falls and the balance to the external pressure to that of your internal pressure is not maintained, causes pain. Pain may be related to a pr-existing dental problem and may be referred to sinus and ear region. Visiting a dental surgeon and getting treatment done will help. Even after all the dental treatment if pain doesn't resolve on your next trip, your dentist will suggest investigations for detecting micro-fractures in teeth. Studies have shown that teeth may develop micro-fractures in some cases when the pressure changes at high or low altitudes. Also visiting an ENT specialist will be helpful to rule out Ear or Sinus related problem.
While flying the sudden change in the air pressure can aggrevate the existing pain. I'll suggest you to get that tooth checked. A according to my experience this tablet Wong help you.
Start homoeopathy Arnica mont30 Rhus Tox 30 4 pills 3 times a day.