Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My tooth pains due to food lodging. Do I need filling in tooth or some ointment can heal.

2 Doctors Answered
Once cavity starts it can't be stopped. Its a progressive process. Get an x-ray done to know about the extent of the cavity. If its superficial then go for filling. Or if pulp is exposed then you need to go for rct. Rinse properly after every meal. Rinse mouth with chlorhexidine mouthwash.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.