Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My father hospitalized. He is 60 years old and has enlarge fatty lever which we got from his recent USG result just 1 day ago. Does he need endoscopy as his consultant doctor advised? He has smoking habit.

2 Doctors Answered
Hello Ananya the first thing is quit smoking n give him Arogyavardhani vati or liv52 it will help him youplz give details like if he is having any acidity ,indigestion or any thing specific plz give details so that i can help you withbest
Fatty liver should not be ignored. It might be a sign of an impending chronic liver disease. To further adds liver health - a fibro scan or elastography is done to asr's architectural damage done to the liver which helps predict treatment outcomes. Upper GI endoscopy may be done adjuvant to the liver evaluation depending on the patient symptoms and signs and is dentally helpful A complete detailed baseline investigation is generally helpful and may be done at expert advise.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.