Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Radiologists online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tegbir Singh Sidhu
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Dr. Tegbir Singh SidhuYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
With cancer on the rise, there is a constant search for ways to treat it without having to resort to surgery. One such discovery is interventional radiology (IR). This is a sub-specialty of radiology where minimally invasive techniques are used to diagnose and treat diseases in many organs.
Interventional radiology (IR) is used to:
- Manage pain and complications
- Perform biopsies
- Overall symptom management
- Manage metastatic disease
- Image-guided treatment
- Minimally invasive, so less pain and easy recovery
- Improved accuracy compared to an open surgical procedure
IR Procedures: Some of the common IR procedures performed to help manage cancer are listed below with brief descriptions.
- Ablation: Tumor ablation is a minimally invasive procedure that uses extremes of temperature. This procedure can be used to manage symptoms and to treat the tumor. Radiofrequency waves are commonly used and the target organs are lungs, liver, and spine.
- Chemoembolization: A minimally invasive approach, especially for deep-seated cancers such as liver. This involves delivering the chemotherapy directly into the artery which is feeding the cancer. The chemotherapy is also combined with blocking agents known as emboli, which improves the success rate of the attack on the cancer cells.
- Angiography: This procedure involves mapping the blood vessels. This can help identify abnormal enlargement or narrowing of vessels and blockages. This is done by injecting a dye into the blood vessels, which can then be imaged or viewed through an X-ray scanner.
- Biopsies: Thin needles are inserted into the affected organ to remove portions of tissue. This can help in confirming diagnosis, and in cases of very small lesions, even complete removal is possible.
- Pain management: Cancer is notorious for causing bone and joint pains as the growing tumor presses on the surrounding tissues. Where routine pain killers do not work, injections into the joint space are required. IR helps in this area by directing the injections into the appropriate spaces.
- Catheter placement: Where there is need for constant draining of fluids from cancers, IR is used for appropriate placement of catheters.
- Port placement: In patients who need to be given chemotherapy for prolonged periods, ports are placed which act as injection sites without the need for multiple pricks.
What can the patient expect?
- These are done as outpatient procedures, often in the morning
- Do not eat or drink in the morning
- Take your prescription medications with water alone
- Arrange for transport so you can return home as driving is not allowed
- Confirm any other specific instructions or advice with the lab performing this procedure.
The role of IR in managing cancer is only set to expand in the coming years. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Flu is caused by a virus known as influenza and is a common respiratory disease. It is typically caused from the month of October to May. Some of the common symptoms include fatigue, runny nose, fever, cough, muscle ache, sore throat, body ache, etc.
The flu vaccination helps to protect from influenza. The effect generally lasts for a year. It is recommended that an individual takes this vaccination once in a year since the strain of the virus keeps changing every year. Flu vaccine comprises of an egg-based technology.
Who Can catch flu?
Anyone can get a flu vaccination. Children above the age of 6 months or more are eligible to get a flu vaccination. In addition, the person who has a severe outbreak of allergic reaction due to the flu vaccination should also stay away from this.
Pregnant women can also get this vaccination without any worry about the baby. They not only safeguard the mother, but protect the child from influenza too. Adults who are more than 65 years old can take this vaccination without worrying. Patients with an acute allergy should consult their doctors before taking a flu shot.
Are there any side effects?
Although most people do not feel a thing after the flu shot, some might experience mild symptoms, such as redness of the area where the vaccine has been injected, mild body aches, soreness, redness and fever. Other serious side effects include allergic reaction resulting in soreness and very high fever. A doctor or healthcare personnel should be immediately contacted in such an instance.
Can flu shot cause flu?
This is totally a myth. A flu vaccine doesn’t result in the flu. The virus content of the flu vaccine doesn’t contain any live virus that can potentially trigger an outbreak of flu in the body. They are noninfectious in every sense of the word. It takes a couple of weeks for the flu vaccine to build immunity in the body. A person might get affected during this time if he comes in contact with an infected person.
Confusing flu with similar symptoms:
Common symptoms of flu such as nausea, vomiting, sneezing, body ache and fever can be symptoms of an entirely different disease such as diarrhoea. Until the tests are conducted and the doctor gives an assured verdict of flu, it is unwise to take a flu vaccination based on gut feel and mere speculation.
When is an ideal time to take flu vaccine?
There is no right or wrong time of taking a flu shot. It is seriously infectious and can catch hold of a person at any time. The right time to take a flu shot is now. It is readily available over the counter and can be injected at any time of the year. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure can trigger as well as worsen complications related to diabetes. Most people suffering from diabetes tend to develop hypertension later in their lives. Diabetes tends to increase one’s blood pressure, making him/her even more vulnerable to other heart diseases and cardio-vascular disorders. Diabetes often leads to a condition known as atherosclerosis, which is the hardening of the arteries. A combination of diabetes and hypertension drastically increases the risk of suffering from a heart disease. The risks of kidney diseases and retinopathy (damage to the tiny blood vessels present in the retina) also go up, resulting in blindness. With age, chronic hypertension can also result in numerous cognitive disorders such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease (degenerative mental disorder).
How to prevent Diabetes and Hypertension?
1. Walking for about 40 minutes each day or engaging in any type of aerobic exercise can better one’s heart health. Chalk out an exercise plan upon consulting the doctor
2. Limit drinking and abstain from smoking
3. Go for regular kidney check-ups
4. Eat food rich in fiber such as vegetables, fruits, breads or whole grain cereals
5. Examine blood pressure as well as blood sugar levels regularly at home
6. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga to cut down on stress level; as stress is one of the major contributors to diabetes and the subsequent hypertension
7. Shed off your extra pounds as blood pressure escalates with weight
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hello sir. I have scars of pimples and pimple's large pores, please suggest me treatment of laser .and I want to know approximately cost of laser. How much time it will take to cure.
I am having a headache n fever from last one day. Yesterday it was 102.5 so I took dolo 650 and after taking dolo fever was around 100 but I am feeling breathlessness and weakness in my legs even walking few steps. I am an asthmatic. Can I take Montair lc with dolo and montair lc should be taken at night only. I am taking budamate inhaler daily.
We all look forward to a good night’s sleep after a long day at work. Sleep is one of the most blissful habits and is very essential as well. When one has not had a good night’s sleep, the following day’s productivity takes a toll for sure. It is therefore very essential to get good rest for at least 8 hours. Take the suggested therapy for any disease and it would include 8 hours of rest.
However, when you look closer, the poor sleep is due to some patterns that are our habits. This could include our food patterns, the side we sleep, the pillow we use, etc. Read on to know more!
- Food habits: Eating very close to bedtime is one of the worst things to do, especially if it is a greasy meal that you have had. Lying down after a heavy meal gets the acid coming up to the throat and causing further irritation. Keep the dinner light if you really are late for it.
- Smoking: Smoking up just before you hit the bed is another habit you should kick (even if you can’t kick the habit of smoking itself), the chemicals released keep you awake and stimulated and do not let you sleep.
- Alcohol: Though the general belief is that alcohol induces a good amount of sleep, it requires extra metabolism and so does not give a good night’s sleep. Think of hangover the next morning! There is no one who has a hangover without feeling groggy.
- Irregular sleeping pattern: While this is difficult with the changing times, it is very important to stick to a schedule. This helps in the body getting a good, restful sleep and not confusing it as to when to sleep and when to wake up.
- Lack of exercise: One of the many side effects of lack of sleep is the lack of a good sleep.
- Sleep environment: Keep a pillow and blanket that is comfortable, not too cosy. The room temperature should neither be too warm or cold.
- Technology: Keep technology (TV, mobile, tablet, etc.) out of your room and see how your sleep will improve. You can always catch up later on what is happening around you.
If you thought it was just about some hours of sleep, think again. In the long run, there are multiple effects of poor sleep including.
- Irritated, moody, angry
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Loss of productivity
- Memory loss
- Relationship issues
- Poor habits like binge eating and drinking (caffeine and coke) and excessive smoking and drinking
So, sleep for the prescribed 8 hours and see your quality of life improve. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.