Yesterday, by mistake I took dettol in place of colgate plax mouthwash now I am not experiencing any taste no sweetness no saltness no sourness.

Yesterday, by mistake I took dettol in place of colgate p...
Hello Dettol would have caused depapillation of tongue (destruction of taste buds) so you are not having any taste. It will take a few days to week to recover, till then avoid spicy food. Andif it's causing swelling of your tongue then visit the dentist for the same.
Dettol may cause depapillation of taste buds. It takes few days for recover. Avoid spicy food. And visit it dentist.
Hello Lybrate user, dettol can also be used as mouthwash, but after diluting with the water. Now if you have rinsed with the concentrated solution you will have altered taste for few days. You do not have to worry, it will subside by itself.
Rinse ur mouth well repeatedly it will take some time before sensation return back b careful in future
Dear lybrate-user Firstly Do not use colgate plax on regular basis. Never it should b use for more than 15 days. Not to worry about your problem. Use Tess Buccal paste ; apply on your tongue 4 times a day.
Hi please do check the bottle before using it of rinse. Anyways relax it will be normal in 1-2 Days. U need to visit a dentist if any burning sensation or ulcerative lesion in your mouth. Thank you.
No worries.