Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Sir .i eat gutkha from 8 years .now a days from 20 .my mouth doesn't open fully .when I tried to open the mouth fully its has severe pain .sir mere jabdo main bahut pain hota hai jab main khana khata hu. please give me solution to cure from this problem.

1 Doctor Answered
Hi lybrate-user, I appreciate you seeking help. First and foremost, get your oral cavity clinically examined by a dentist, and then proceed as advised by your physician. Again, it is in your best interest that you discontinue this habit of chewing 'Gutkha' at the earliest. Allergy apart, its constituents can be likely carcinogenic, regular use of which may increase risk of oral sub-mucosa fibrosis (OSMF), oral cancers etc all. Your present symptoms, as described, are indicative of OSMF which shall need treatment lest it leads to further complications. Dental checkup/ treatment apart, advise connect in private for an integrative naturopathic treatment with suitable alternative medicines that can help improve clinical outcomes. Do take care, and all the very best.
4 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.