My wife is diagnosed with bipolar disorder depression I heard that there is no permanent cure for that she is only 36 years old with two kids how she and our family survive with this dangerous decease please guide if it can be cured.

Bipolar disorder is an episodic illness. There may be episodes of depression or episodes of mania, when they are very active, talk a lot, loud and fast. They may be wanting to buy dresses and jewelry and may want to spend lot of money. They may be very religious, and become irritable, argumentative, and that they are always right. Both the phases of illness depression and mania are distressing to the family. With the mood stabilizing drugs, their moods will be stabilized. They need to take drugs continuously under the supervision of a psychiatrist. While taking drugs, these episodes of mania and depression can be prevented. Sometimes even while on drugs may develop mood disturbances. These mood disturbances are milder and can be controlled faster. You need not worry too much about her are or about the children. As time passes, these episodes of mood disturbance also becomes less and less.