Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

Hi I fall down from scooter as sudden break. No fracture but MRI SCAN shows complete ACL ligament tear. I consulted hospital. One doctor told ACL SURGERY and physio therapy must. 2nd doctor told surgery not must may be rest and physio can recover. My doubts 1. If doing surgery any problem 2.If not doing any problem can happen when I am becoming older. 3.Only Arthroscopy for cleaning blood and all will help? I am attaching my report.

Hello Lybrate user. As you mentioned you had a acl tear .see if there's is complete tear of acl near grade 3 injury. Complete separation of ligament than ther no option than surgery.in grade 1 and grade 2 injuries are conservatively managed using physiotherapy Rehabilitation. But still in grade 1 or grade 2 injuries we require clinical assessment to see whether patient had a ligament laxity, no stability, buckling sign (moving forward or rotation of tibia in relation to femur), or giving away feel, one more we consider if patient is an athlete with grade 1 or grade 2 injury .his /her job requires excess movements n loading on a knee .in that case we suggest acl reconstruction .so it all depends on grade of injury n nature of job or further requirements of patient in future .yes arthroscope is only solution for acl reconstruction. If you had grade 3 acl injury that is complete separation .u will encounter buckling or giving away of knee. Hope you got your answer. Contact me online for further. Thanks.
Not a second thought go for surgery for better future.
Acl tears in young active patients generally needs reconstruction arthroscopic. Only washout is a wasted operation. If not operated, you will have instability and may not be able to run in the future. The risk of arthritis is also said to be higher of not operated.